Error message: “Live Meeting cannot connect to the meeting. Wait a few moments, and then try to join the meeting again. If you still cannot connect, contact your administrator or technical support.”
Causes: Lync 2010 attempting to join a scheduled Microsoft Office Live Meeting. While joining the meeting getting error message that the Live Meeting cannot connect to the meeting.
Always remove the manual and click as Automatic configuration
Step by step process:
1. Open Lync client and then click on upper right corner of the Lync main window, click Options
2. Click Personal, and then, under My account, click Advanced.
3. Click Automatic Configuration, and then click OK.
4. Close Lync 2010, and then open.
You also Enable Advance button in Lync > Options > Personal page.
1. Open Registry (Run> type Regedit).
2. Navigate - \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator
3. On the right side page, Locate “ConfigurationMode” and right click and say Delete.
4. Close the editor.
Issue: Unable to schedule meeting in Lync 2010.
Symptom: Clients are unable to schedule a Microsoft Lync 2010 meeting or conference call because either client cannot create meeting requests or others cannot receive them.
It could be multiple cause of this issue, such as client forgets to unblock contacts due to that user other issues.
1. Check no participant is blocked from receiving meeting requests. If it recipients are blocked then change the privacy relationship from Block contacts to any other as per your choice.
Issue You are not able to schedule a Microsoft Lync 2010 meeting or conference call because either you cannot create meeting requests or others cannot receive them.
Resolution Do the following:
- Make sure no participant is blocked from receiving meeting requests. (For example, make sure any blocked or safe sender lists are properly configured.)
- If you can create meeting requests successfully but participants are not receiving them, have participants check their Junk E-mail folder for the invitation.
- Make sure participants install the latest version of the Online Meeting Add-in for Lync 2010, if they are using a Microsoft Office 2010 suite, or the latest version of the Conferencing Add-in for Microsoft Office Outlook, if they are using Microsoft Office 2007 suites or Office 2003 suites.
- Make sure your phone or device is optimized for Lync 2010. For a list of optimized devices, see “Phones and Devices Qualified for Microsoft Lync” at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=208938.
- Have participants confirm with their support teams that their networks and accounts support Lync meetings.
- If you are having issues with scheduling, see if others can schedule Lync meetings and conference calls. If no one can schedule or join a meeting, the issue is likely related to network connectivity. (For example, there might be an intermittent issue or temporary network outage.)
- If you are scheduling a meeting with external contacts, make sure that your account is enabled for Enterprise Voice.
Issue A participant in a Microsoft Lync 2010 meeting or conference call is listed as Guest in the participant list.
Resolution When a participant joins a Lync 2010 meeting or conference call that is hosted by a non-federated server, he or she is listed as Guest. There currently is no workaround for this issue.