After the success of the Jetstress 2010 field guide Microsoft realised the Jetstress 2013. There are some modifications to accommodate the storage changes within Exchange Server 2013, however the planning, configuration and results interpretation process remain largely the same as they were in Jetstress 2010.
Change overview in Jetstress 2013
- The Event log is captured and logged to the test log. These events show up in the Jetstress UI as the test is progressing.
- Any errors are logged against the volume that they occurred. The final report shows the error counts per volume in a new sub-section.
- A single IO error anywhere will fail the test.
- In case of CRC errors (JET -1021), Jetstress will simulate the same behaviour as Exchange “page patching”.
- Detects -1018, -1019, -1021, -1022, -1119, hung IO, DbtimeTooNew, DbtimeTooOld.
- Threads, which generate IO, are now controlled at a global level. Instead of specifying Threads/DB, you now specify a global thread count, which works against all databases.
Updates in the Jetstress 2013 Field Guide
Microsoft have also added some more information into the field guide. Jetstress 2013 Field Guide v184.108.40.206