- Logon to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server using the BlackBerry Enterprise Server service account.
- Click Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Services.
- Stop all BlackBerry Enterprise Server services by clicking Stop Service for each service.
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Click BlackBerry Enterprise Server and click Remove (If the Remove option does not exist, select Change to launch the installer and then select Remove).
- Delete the Research In Motion folder located in the C:\Program Files(x86) directory.
- Delete the Research In Motion folder located in the C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files directory.
- In the BlackBerry Administration Service console, navigate to Servers and components > BlackBerry Solution topology > BlackBerry Domain > Component View (Select it, not expand).
- In the Component View, locate the appropriate BlackBerry Enterprise Server component section, click the trash can icon next to the component to be removed.
- The BlackBerry Administration Service console asks ‘Are you sure you want to delete this instance?’ and a summary including key information points is displayed. To confirm the deletion, select the ‘Yes – Delete the instance’ link below the summary.
- The BlackBerry
Administration Service then performs a series of checks to ensure the
BlackBerry Enterprise Server component can be deleted. If all conditions
have been met, a final notification is displayed: ‘All conditions
have been met for the
instance to be deleted. Are you sure you want to delete this instance?’
- Select the ‘Yes – Delete the instance’ link to delete the BlackBerry Enterprise Server component.
- The deletion is confirmed by the message. The instance has been deleted.
- Repeat these steps for each component of the decommissioned BlackBerry Enterprise Server to be removed. (Note: It is important not to remove components that still are in use. Review the summary page before confirming deletion to ensure that active components are not removed.)
Note: - Reboot the server once the both steps are complete.
Complete both steps for all the servers to be decommissioned.