Error: Cannot sign in because the server version is incompatible with Microsoft Lync 2010. Contact your support team with this information.
Problem Statement: When user trying sign-in to Lync 2010 client but Lync client through error that server version is not compatible means the user is on legacy server. Best solution move the user from legacy server to new Lync server. I.e. Lync pool server.
1. Log on to Lync Management power shell.
2. Use below command to get the users pool server name.
Get-CsUser -Identity "dineshsingh”
Legay pool name - OCSpool.domain.com
3. Move user from Legacy pool server to Lync pool server. Below commad let:
Move-CsLegacyUser -Identity "dineshsingh" -Target "lyncpool.domain.com"
4. You can check pool server of user account.
New pool name - lyncpool.domain.com
5. Now you will see the Lync pool server. Try to login on Lync 2010 client.