Error: Cannot synchronize with the corporate address book. This may be because the proxy server setting in your web browser does not allow access to the address book. If the problem continues contact your support team.
Problem statement: Lync Address Book not getting synchronized and due to that peoples are unable to search contact. Result not found.
This is because of Address Book corruption or Internet proxy not allowing downloading the address book.
- Log on to user’s computer, and go to path- C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Communicator\firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check and verify the Address Book files i.e. GalContacts.db and compare with your machine (means working computer).
- If GalContacts.db file is older than today’s date that means address book file is up to date.
- Now Go ahead and delete the all Address book files from user profile.
- (C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Communicator\<_sip userssipaddress="">@domain.com>.
- Go to task manager and exit Communicator.exe and open again Lync from application list.
- Wait for some time (15-20 min) and check address path (step 1).
- Search the contact in Lync and see the all contact will be available
If contacts not download and unable to search contact then you have to perform following steps:
1. Exit the Lync client.
2. Force the Lync client to download the address book immediately the next time it starts
3. Click on Start > All Programs > Microsoft Lync (Microsoft Lync 2010).
a. Click on Start > Search ‘Run’ > type ‘regedit’
b. Open the registry - HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator
c. Modify (or Create) the DWORD the registry key “GalDownloadInitialDelay” and set it to 0(zero)
d. This can also be done from the command line:
e. reg add HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator /v GalDownloadInitialDelay /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
4. Delete the Existing Local Address Book (follow above 4 and 5 steps).
5. Open Lync and keep login for 15-20 minutes to download the address book.
6. Search contact and see.