Issue: Unable to share control with Lync federated partner and Control option is grayed out.when i setup the Lync Federation with one of the partner domain. Federation is working fine and people are able to IM each other and desktop sharing working fine however user unable to share control with federated user.
Open Lync Server 2010 Control Panel using you CsAdministrator or with required permission.
1. Open Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Control Panel.
2. Click on 'Conferencing'.
3. Select 'Conferencing Policy'. (see below snapshot)
4. On the 'Global' policy. Click on 'Edit' and select 'Show details...'
5. In "Edit Conferencing Policy - Global" under "Application sharing:", from list select 'Enable application sharing'.
6. Check the 'Allow participants to take control' and Check the 'Allow federated and anonymous participants to take control'.
7. Click on 'Commit'
Refresh and you have to wait for some time and check and desktop sharing and control, it will work smoothly.