- Media: Before you start first you need Exchange 2013 CU2 (CU1 is minimum
requirement) version of the install with media (DVD/.ISO).
- Also you have to make sure third party application such as Anti-Virus, Backup Solution, Archiving, Mail Management, and Mobile Device Software etc. must be compatible with Exchange Server 2013.
- One of the critical step to migration your Exchange environment is take the good back of your current Exchange Server, If anything goes wrong you can restore from your Backup so that you can turn the original server back in your production again.
- Outlook client also one of the critical area where your clients need to be using following version outlook client before you migrate your Exchange
· Outlook 2013.
· Outlook 2010 (SP1 with updates)
· Outlook 2007 (SP3 with updates)
· Outlook for Mac 2011.
· Entourage 2008 for Mac, Web Services Edition.
Pre Install Migration Steps
- It is recommendation first run the Microsoft Exchange Server Deployment Assistant for Best approach to the migration.
- Before you start anything, first check your Source Exchange Server 2010 health Check, I will recommendation to run ExBPA in-build tool in your organization which will give you clear indication that your Exchange Server running smooth and cleanly and good communication with your Domain Controller and DNS server also verify the Event logs of the servers.
- Update your existing Exchange Server verify all latest updates are installed, also make sure you have installed all hot-fix on Exchange server before deploying SP3 for Exchange Server 2010. As you may aware for co-existence of Exchange 2010 and Exchange 2013 your Exchange Server 2010 must have SP3 installed, otherwise you will get error.
Install Exchange 2013
1. First of all we have to install Exchange Server 2013 prerequisite, I’m using PowerShell for installing all requisite:Install-WindowsFeature AS-HTTP-Activation, Desktop-Experience, NET-Framework-45-Features, RPC-over-HTTP-proxy, RSAT-Clustering, Web-Mgmt-Console, WAS-Process-Model, Web-Asp-Net45, Web-Basic-Auth, Web-Client-Auth, Web-Digest-Auth, Web-Dir-Browsing, Web-Dyn-Compression, Web-Http-Errors, Web-Http-Logging, Web-Http-Redirect, Web-Http-Tracing, Web-ISAPI-Ext, Web-ISAPI-Filter, Web-Lgcy-Mgmt-Console, Web-Metabase, Web-Mgmt-Console, Web-Mgmt-Service, Web-Net-Ext45, Web-Request-Monitor, Web-Server, Web-Stat-Compression, Web-Static-Content, Web-Windows-Auth, Web-WMI, Windows-Identity-Foundation, RSAT-Clustering
2. Also need to install the Microsoft Unified Communications Managed API 4.0 core Runtime 64 bit.