Migrating Certificates from 2010 to 2013
This step only consider when you have purchased certificate on your Exchange 2010 server (Not using a self-signed). Keep in mind if you have the Internal FQDN of your Exchange server 2010 server as a SAN (Subject Alternative Name), then you cannot renew the certificate.
Also make sure the public name of the server resolves to the public IP of the new server.
- On the Exchange Server 2010 open Exchange Management Console select Server configuration select the certificate and Export Exchange Certificate.
- Select the location to save the exported cert and supply a password and click next.
- Click on Finish
- On the Exchange 2013 server launch the Exchange Admin Center select server select Certificate Select the more option icon and click Import Exchange Certificate.
- Put in the path to where you want to save the exported cert, and use the password click next
- Add in the Exchange 2013 server and click finish.
- Now select the new CertificateEdit select services and select the service for which you want to use the certificate.
- Now select Yes to replace the self-signed certificate, which installed on Exchange 2013 installs by default
- You can now open the Outlook Web Access and give it a test.