Monday, February 29, 2016

Mailbox export request queued-DAG issue

Background 

Yesterday, I was doing some mailbox export activities and my export request got stuck in Queued state, following is the status after 15 minute.

 

I though due to some other running process such as backup etc. it got stuck on queued, I checked on Exchange servers, there is no backup running.

Workaround

Then, I started to looking on the server and restarted Mailbox Replication service on CAS and wait 10-15 minute but no luck.
When I checked on my best place event viewer, saw multiple RED indication for replication issues with following ID
Log Name:      Application
Source:        MSExchangeRepl
Date:          4/20/2015 7:30:13 PM
Event ID:      3154
Task Category: Service
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      xxxxx.com
Description:
Active Manager failed to mount database Archive_Mailboxes on server xxxxx.com. Error: An Active Manager operation failed. Error: The database action failed. Error: An error occurred while trying to select a database copy for possible activation. Error: The database 'Archive_Mailboxes' was not mounted because errors occurred either while validating database copies for possible activation, or while attempting to activate another copy.

Also I have checked replication health, following is the output:
 Continuous Replication for database 'DB1\xxxxxx.com' is in a 'Failed' state on machine 'xxxxxxx'. The specific message is: The Microsoft Exchange Replication service failed to talk to the local Information Store service. This often means that the Information Store service is not running. Error:MapiExceptionNetworkError: Unable to make admin interface connection to server.
(hr=0x80040115, ec=-2147221227)                
             

Resolution 

Following is the work around for resolved the issue:

First of all we need to suspend replication for the mailbox database copy on the problematic server.  Use the following command:
Suspend-MailboxDatabaseCopy -Identity "DB1\servername"    

Once command is complete the mailbox database copy status will now change from “Failed” to “Failed and Suspended

Now we need to reseed the database with a new copy by issuing the following command

Update-MailboxDatabaseCopy -Identity "DB1\Servername" –DeleteExistingFiles

Seeding process took long time, again it is depends on the size of the database and the speed of the network.
When Seeding completed it will automatically resume the replication of the database, also we have the option to do resume manual  replication with following cmdlet:

Update-MailboxDatabaseCopy -Identity "DB1\servername" -DeleteExistingFiles –ManualResume

Following is the status after the completion of the all process:
Replication Status:



Once everything is fine in server, I have re-initiated mailbox export and successfully exported.

Hope post will help you.

Glad to see your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment