Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Exchange 2016 ECP Login error 400 Outlook Web App Option :(

After completion of the Exchange 2016 in my Lab environment, when i tried to login into Exchange Admin Center,

suddenly i received error - 400 Outlook Web App Option :(  with following description:

"There was a problem opening options in Outlook Web App. Please click sign out blew, then sign in to Option in Outlook Web App again. If doesn't work, sign out, delete browser cookies, and sign in again."


First of all i verify the privileges  in my login account

I logged in with Administrator account click on permission TAB

Select double click Organization Management


Than check the Members of Active Directory Permission from Roles, which my account was missing, and problem with my account which i'm using for login. 

finally i added my account on "Active Directory Permissions"

Once completed logged off from Administrator account and tried to log in with my account and successfully logged in to Exchange Admin Center.

I know its very basic, but some time we are getting confused where the things went wrong, hope fully it will help you for pre-requisite or assigning the delegation to your team mate.

Thanks,

Welcome for valuable comments...




No comments:

Post a Comment