When I provisioned an archive in the cloud for a user with a primary mailbox on-premises, the archive mailbox provisioning status in the Exchange Management Console (EMC) changes to Cloud-based archive pending. After the cloud-based archive's created (in Office 365), the archive status is not automatically updated in EMC. Additionally, Outlook and OWA do not detect and load the archive mailbox.
I have update manually the archive provisioning status in on-premises organization using the ChangeArchiveStatus.ps1script.
- Provision an archive mailbox in the cloud using the EMC or the Shell on-premises
- Wait for the DirSync cyle to complete (this may take up to 2 hours)
- Confirm that the archive has been provisioned in Office 365. This step requires your organization's Office 365 account credentials.
- Use the Shell to connect to Office 365.
- Run Get-MailUser | fl ArchiveStatus and check if the value of the ArchiveStatus property is set to active.
Using a Shell session to an on-premises Exchange server, run the ChangeArchiveStatus.ps1 script using the following syntax:
ChangeArchiveStatus.ps1 UserName $true
- Refresh the EMC and verify that the user's archive status is now active.